San Bernardino killer Tashfeen Malik openly posted about committing violent jihad on social media

If US officials had seen Tashfeen Malik's social media accounts, they wouldn't have approved her visa

If US officials had seen Tashfeen Malik’s social media accounts, they wouldn’t have approved her visa

San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik, 29, underwent three background checks and had her K-1 fiancee visa approved even though she openly posted about committing violent jihad on social media.

Malik and husband Syed Farook killed 14 people earlier this month after passing through customs at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport in July 2014 and getting married the following month.

If US officials had discovered the messages Malik posted before she applied for her visa from Pakistan last year, red flags would have gone up and she likely would not have been approved for entry.

Malik was screened by Homeland Security officials then the State Department before she entered the US and then faced a third screening after applying for a green card, the NY Times reported.

The trio of national security and criminal background screenings failed to find old postings on social media where Malik said that she supported violent jihad and that she desired to take part in it.

Her sister also made inflammatory comments on social media.

On the 10th anniversary in 2011 of the 9/11 attacks she wrote an anti-American remark next to a Facebook photo of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center.

Scroll down for video 

Malik and husband Syed Farook went through customs at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport in July 2014

Malik and husband Syed Farook went through customs at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport in July 2014

Farook and  Malik had a cache of weapons and ammunition when they carried out the attack that killed 14

Farook and Malik had a cache of weapons and ammunition when they carried out the attack that killed 14

The discovery of the postings has exposed an area law enforcement and immigration officials usually don’t investigate and has prompted the Obama administration to review the K-1 process.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said on Thursday: ‘Somebody entered the United States through the K-1 visa program and proceeded to carry out an act of terrorism on American soil.

‘That program is at a minimum worth a very close look.’

Immigration officials may stop accepting new K-1 applications while the process is being reviewed and they are also looking into around 90,000 K-1 visas that have been issued in the past two years.

Homeland Security scrutinizes some applicants more than others and since Malik was a woman coming to the US to marry instead of a male scientist coming to work, she likely drew less attention.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3357799/Tashfeen-Malik-discussed-jihad-social-media-getting-visa-carrying-San-Bernardino-shooting.html#ixzz3uC1US9ad
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Related:

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

One Response to “San Bernardino killer Tashfeen Malik openly posted about committing violent jihad on social media”

  1. daveyone1 Says:

    Reblogged this on World Peace Forum.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: