Reuters and AFP
© Bulent Kilic, AFP | A piece of the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 near the village of Grabove, in the region of Donetsk, on July 20, 2014
Russia on Wednesday flatly dismissed a report from international prosecutors which concluded that Malaysian airliner MH17 had been downed by a Russian-made missile launched from a Ukrainian village held by pro-Russian rebels in 2014.
In a strongly-worded statement, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said the Dutch-led investigation’s findings were biased and politically-motivated.
“To arbitrarily designate a guilty party and dream up the desired results has become the norm for our Western colleagues,” said Zakharova.
“The investigation to this day continues to ignore incontestable evidence from the Russian side despite the fact that Russia is practically the only one sending reliable information to them.”
‘FLIGHT MH17 WAS SHOT DOWN BY A [MISSILE] FIRED FROM A BUK TRAILER’ FROM RUSSIA
Russia has long denied any involvement in the episode.
Zakharova complained that the Russian government had been prevented from playing a full role in investigators’ work and alleged that the Ukrainian government had been able to influence the inquiry using fabricated evidence.
Zakharova said she hoped new radar data presented by the Russian military would prompt the prosecutors to revise their findings.
Tags: Australia, Belgium, Boeing 777-300, Buk missile, Donetsk, Donetsk People's Republic, Dutch Safety Board, Dutch-led Joint Investigation Team, Flight MH17, Grabove, JIT, JIT investigation, July 17 2014, Malaysia, Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, Malaysian Airlines, MH17, netherlands, Putin, Russia, Russia refuses to accept multi-national airline crash investigation findings, Russian Foreign Ministry, Russian-backed rebels, Ukraine, Ukrainian government