- North Korea media published a video depicting the bombing of a US air carrier
- The country has threatened to use ‘rockets tipped with nuclear warheads’
- It warned it could reduce the US to ‘ashes’ if ‘even a single bullet at the country’
- Chilling threat came before Pyongyang carried out tests on new rocket engines
The strange clip posted on Saturday by state media shows fictional footage of North Korean troops joyously destroying American planes and bombers.
A female narrator gleefully exclaims over the war footage ‘a knife will be stabbed into the throat of the carrier, while the bomber will fall from the sky after getting hit by a hail of fire’ according to Yonhap News Agency.
The military propaganda video shows North Korean troops targeting American planes
The female narrator says ‘a knife will be stabbed into the throat of the carrier, while the bomber will fall from the sky after getting hit by a hail of fire’
Hoards of North Korean troops are seen cheering on the destruction of American air carriers in the propaganda video
The video shows ‘Foal Eagle’ military drills with America and South Korea which have long angered the North Korean government according to Newsweek.
Uriminzokkiri, the YouTube page where the video was published, has hosted other controversial clips which depict North Korean troops bombing America.
In 2013 it published a video showing a North Korean man dreaming of missiles raining down upon Washington, D.C. and New York.
The video comes as Kim threatened to reduce the US ‘to ashes’ with nuclear weapons if American fires ‘even a single bullet’ at North Korea.
Pyongyang said it would use its ‘invincible Hwasong rockets tipped with nuclear warheads’ to defend its territory as tensions with South Korea continued to escalate.
It comes as Seoul insisted North Korea’s latest rocket-engine test showed ‘meaningful’ progress and as an an analyst said the secretive state had taken a dangerous step towards its goal of developing a rocket that could hit the United States.
Kim Jong-Un has threatened to reduce the US ‘to ashes’ with nuclear weapons if American fires ‘even a single bullet’ at North Korea. He is pictured yesterday inspecting the ground jet test of newly developed high-thrust engine at the Sohae Satellite Launching Ground in North Korea
Pyongyang said it would use its ‘invincible Hwasong rockets tipped with nuclear warheads’ to defend its territory as tensions with South Korea continued to escalate. Pictures show rocket engine tests yesterday
The statement, from Kim Jong-Un’s Foreign Office, was released earlier this month before the latest tests.
It said: ‘The Korean People’s Army will reduce the bases of aggression and provocation to ashes with its invincible Hwasong rockets tipped with nuclear warheads and reliably defend the security of the country and its people’s happiness in case the US and the south Korean puppet forces fire even a single bullet at the territory of the DPRK.’
Last night, the North’s KCNA news agency said its new rocket engine would help the state achieve world-class satellite-launch capability, indicating a new type of rocket engine for an intercontinental ballistic missile.
The North’s announcement of a successful engine test came as U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was in Beijing at the end of his first visit to Asia for talks dominated by concern about North Korea’s nuclear and missile programmes.
‘Through this test, it is found that engine function has made meaningful progress but further analysis is needed for exact thrust and possible uses,’ Lee Jin-woo, deputy spokesman for the South Korean defence ministry, told a regular briefing.
It comes as Seoul insisted North Korea’s latest rocket-engine test showed ‘meaningful’ progress and as an an analyst said the secretive state had taken a dangerous step towards its goal of developing a rocket that could hit the United States. Kim Jong-UN is pictured, centre, with his officials yesterday
State-run North Korean media reported that leader Kim Jong Un had hailed the successful test of a new high-thrust engine at its rocket launch station (pictured) as ‘a new birth’ of its rocket industry
State-run North Korean media reported that leader Kim Jong Un had hailed the successful test of a new high-thrust engine at its rocket launch station as ‘a new birth’ of its rocket industry.
Lee said the test featured a main engine supported by four supplementary engines.
However, he did not elaborate on the progress the test showed the North had made, nor comment on whether the engine could be used for an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), saying the South Korean military was conducting analysis.
U.S. President Donald Trump told reporters he held meetings on North Korea at the weekend at his Florida resort. While he did not refer specifically to the rocket-engine test, he said Kim Jong Un was ‘acting very, very badly’.
A South Korean analyst said the test was an ominous development.
‘This was a comprehensive test for the first-stage rocket for an ICBM, and that is why it was dangerous,’ said Kim Dong-yub, an analyst at Seoul’s Institute for Far Eastern Studies.
‘It appears that North Korea has worked out much of its development of the first-stage rocket booster.’
North Korea has conducted five nuclear tests and a series of missile launches in defiance of U.N. sanctions, and is believed by experts and government officials to be working to develop nuclear-warhead missiles that could reach the United States.
North Korean leader Kim said in January his country was close to test-launching an ICBM. That would put parts of the United States in range.
Last week, Tillerson issued the Trump administration’s starkest warning yet to North Korea, saying in Seoul that a military response would be ‘on the table’ if it took action to threaten South Korean and U.S. forces.
North Korean leader Kim said in January his country was close to test-launching an intercontinental ballistic missile. That would put parts of the United States in range
The United States has long called on China to do more to rein in its ally, North Korea. China resents being pressed to do more, saying the problem is between North Korea and the United States, although it too objects to the North’s nuclear programme.
No formal agreements were announced during Tillerson’s visit to China although the two sides said they would work together to try to make North Korea take ‘a different course’.
China has called for a dual-track approach on North Korea, urging it to suspend its tests and the United States and South Korea to suspend military exercises so both sides can return to talks.
Beijing has also been infuriated by the deployment of an advanced U.S. anti-missile system in South Korea, which it says will both harm China’s own security and do nothing to ease tensions.
China says the system’s powerful radar will extend into the country’s northeast and potentially track Chinese missile launches, and maybe even intercept them. Russia also opposes the system, for the same reasons.
NORTH Korea has pledged to launch a nuclear strike on the US if a “single bullet is fired” as US forces flood the Korean Peninsula.
USS Carl Vinson refuels USS O’Kane
Tags: a different course, aircraft carrier, America, America and South Korea, bombing of a US air carrier, China, Foal Eagle, ICBM, ICBMs, Iran, Japan, Kim Jong Un, new rocket engine, New York, North Korea, North Korea's aggression, North Korean troops blowing up a US aircraft carrier, nuclear warheads, nuclear weapons, propaganda, rocket engine test, rocket industry, rocket that could hit the United States, South Korea, South Korean intelligence, Thaad, Tillerson, Trump, Trump administration, U. S., U.S. aircraft carrier, U.S. anti-missile system, U.S. bombers, U.S. President Donald Trump, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, USS Carl Vinson, Washington D. C., weapons of mass destruction, Xi Jinping