- Jack Keane, who declined to be Trump’s Defense Secretary, issued stark warning
- He predicted efforts to force China into dealing with North Korea will fail
- Four-star general said a military solution was ‘rapidly’ becoming the only option
- Kim regime will take top billing when Trump meets Chinese premiere this week
Jack Keane, a four-star general who turned down Trump’s offer of Defense Secretary, issued a stark warning on North Korea
Jack Keane, who declined the President’s offer to become Defense Secretary last year, said bombing Kim Jong-un‘s nuclear facilities ‘may be the only option left.’
His stark assessment comes ahead of a meeting between Trump and Chinese premier Xi Jinping on Thursday and Friday at Mar-a-Lago, where the subject of North Korea is expected to dominate.
Trump signaled his agenda for the talks on Monday, when he told reporters that America is willing to go it alone in order to ‘solve North Korea’.
Speaking to The Times on Tuesday, Keane said: ‘A preemptive strike against launch facilities, underground nuclear sites, artillery and rocket response forces and regime leadership targets may be the only option left on the table.
‘We are rapidly and dangerously moving towards a military solution.’
Keane believes talks with China over more sanctions against Kim Jong-un’s regime are likely to fail, leaving pre-emptive strikes as ‘the only option left on the table’
Keane added that any attempt to pressure the Chinese into sanctioning North Korea is likely to end in failure.
‘Our attempts to leverage China in the past have failed miserably,’ he said.
‘Sanctions have not worked against North Korea and I doubt more sanctions will and I don’t believe sanctions against China will work any better.’
Tags: China, cyber attacks against North Korean nuclear facilities, Donald Trump, ICMBs, Jack Keane, John Keane, Keane, Kim Jong Un, Mar-a-Lago, North Korea, nuclear weapons, Russia, sanctions, Xi Jinping