Latest terror attack in Paris — Sixth terror strike on Paris in three years — ‘I am here to die for Allah’

Image may contain: night and outdoor

  • Most recently, on March 18, a convicted criminal was shot dead at Orly Airport
  • By far the most deadly strike was in November 13, 2015, when 130 people died
  • On January 7, two brothers killed 11 inside headquarters of satirical magazine

French police have said tonight’s attack was ‘probably a terrorist act’, and if so it would be at least the sixth terror strike on Paris in three years.

Most recently, on March 18, a convicted criminal with links to radical Islam shouted ‘I am here to die for Allah, there will be deaths’ seconds before he was shot dead during an attack at Orly airport.

And a month earlier, on February 3, a man was shot five times outside the Louvre museum in the heart of Paris after attempting to storm the historic art gallery.

The shooting in Paris tonight is the latest of a series of attacks that have struck the French capital

The shooting in Paris tonight is the latest of a series of attacks that have struck the French capital

March 18, 2017: Criminal with links to radical Islam shouted ‘I am here to die for Allah, there will be deaths’ seconds before he was shot dead during an attack at Orly airport

.

A grainy picture claims to show the immediate aftermath of this morning's shooting, after a machete-wielding man attacked four soldiers outside the Louvre, which houses many of the world's most famous paintings, including the Mona Lisa

February 3, 2017: Machete-wielding man attacked four soldiers outside the Louvre art gallery in the city centre

.

Last year, on June 13, two police officers were murdered in their home just outside Paris in front of their 8-year-old son in an attack claimed by Islamic State.

The area around the Louvre museum in Paris has been evacuated after a huge security operation was launched this morning

The area around the Louvre museum

By far the most deadly strike came on November 13, 2015, when ISIS militants killed 130 people in France’s worst atrocity since World War II.

A series of suicide bomb and shooting attacks were launched on crowded sites in central Paris, as well as the northern suburb of Saint-Denis.

The majority of those killed were in the Bataclan concert hall where hostages were taken.

Islamic State extremists claimed responsibility and said it was in retaliation for French participation in airstrikes on the militant group’s positions in Syria and Iraq.

It led to the declaration of a state of emergency in France with police powers greatly expanded.

And on January 7, two brothers killed 11 people inside the Paris building housing the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in revenge for the publication of cartoons mocking the Prophet Muhammed.

More were killed subsequently in attacks on a kosher market in eastern Paris and on police. There were 17 victims in all, including two police officers. The attackers were killed.

Terrifying footage shows moments after Paris shooting

June 13, 2016: Two police officers were murdered in their home just outside Paris in front of their 8-year-old son in an attack claimed by Islamic State. Larossi Abballa (pictured) recorded a 12 minute rant to camera about the killings

June 13, 2016: Two police officers were murdered in their home just outside Paris in front of their 8-year-old son in an attack claimed by Islamic State. Larossi Abballa (pictured) recorded a 12 minute rant to camera about the killings

November 13, 2015: ISIS militants killed 130 people in France's worst atrocity since World War II

November 13, 2015: ISIS militants killed 130 people in France’s worst atrocity since World War II

January 7, 2015: Two brothers killed 11 people inside the Paris building housing the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in revenge for the publication of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed

January 7, 2015: Two brothers killed 11 people inside the Paris building housing the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in revenge for the publication of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed

.

The shooting on March 20 comes just two days after the arrest of two men found with a cache of weapons and explosives in Marseilles.

They were suspected of preparing an attack to disrupt the first round of the presidential election on Sunday.

.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4430406/Latest-attack-sixth-terrorist-strike-Paris.html#ixzz4eriHeIu6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Related:

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Latest terror attack in Paris — Sixth terror strike on Paris in three years — ‘I am here to die for Allah’”

  1. Brittius Says:

    Reblogged this on Brittius.

  2. daveyone1 Says:

    Reblogged this on World Peace Forum.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: