Hungary Dismisses Top EU Court Adviser’s Statement on Migrant Quota Challenge

BUDAPEST — Hungary’s government said on Wednesday that a statement by an adviser to the top European Union court dismissing a Hungarian and Slovak challenge to the bloc’s migrant quotas was a political statement which is short on legal arguments.

“The main elements of the statement are political, which are practically used to disguise the fact that there are no legal arguments in it,” Pal Volner, state secretary of the Justice Ministry was cited as saying by the state news agency MTI.

Earlier on Wednesday, the European Court of Justice’s Advocate General Yves Bot rejected the procedural arguments presented by Bratislava and Budapest that obligatory quotas were unlawful. A final ECJ ruling is expected after the summer break.

(Reporting by Krisztina Than; Editing by Catherine Evans)

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Hungary Dismisses Top EU Court Adviser’s Statement on Migrant Quota Challenge”

  1. Brittius Says:

    Reblogged this on Brittius.

  2. daveyone1 Says:

    Reblogged this on World Peace Forum.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: