• Milo Yiannopoulos lost his $250,000 book deal with Simon & Schuster Monday
  • On Facebook he wrote: ‘I’ve gone through worse. This will not defeat me’ 
  • Earlier, he was told his invite to the CPAC conference has been rescinded
  • Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, said he was banned because of the ‘offensive’ video 
  • The firebrand discussed ‘coming of age’ relationships in an online debate
  • The controversial commentator star claimed teenagers could ‘discover who they are’ by having a gay relationship with an older man
  • However, he strongly denied he was defending pedophilia during the debate 
  • He later wrote on Facebook that he was a victim of child abuse himself  

Milo Yiannopoulos lost his $250,000 book deal on Monday in light of his comments that appear to defend pedofiles

Milo Yiannopoulos lost his $250,000 book deal on Monday in light of his comments that appear to defend pedofiles

.

Milo Yiannopoulos lost his $250,000 book deal on Monday after video was leaked that showed the alt-right poster boy appearing to defend pedophilia.

Publisher Simon & Schuster said: ‘After careful consideration, Simon & Schuster and its Threshold Editions imprint have canceled publication of Dangerous by Milo Yiannopoulos.’

‘Dangerous’ was set to be published under Threshold Editions, the conservative branch of the publisher according to USA Today.

The book deal received backlash since the announcement in January, with many on social media threatening to boycott the publisher.

Yiannopoulos’s lewd comments saying relationships in which ‘older men help those young boys to discover who they are’ seemed to have pushed the company to back out.

After the announcement, the 33-year-old speaker posted on Facebook: ‘They canceled my book.’

Scroll down for video 

Milo Yiannopoulos reacted to publisher Simon & Schuster cancelling his book deal

Milo Yiannopoulos reacted to publisher Simon & Schuster cancelling his book deal

And minutes later: ‘I’ve gone through worse. This will not defeat me.’

On Tuesday, he is slated to hold a press conference about the comments at 3pm in New York City.

The ‘Dangerous’ author also published and deleted a 10 minute Facebook video emphasizing he wished he had used the term young men as opposed to young boys during ‘The Drunken Peasants’ clip.

The video of the comments resurfaced after he was slated to speak at the Conservative Political Action Committee.

Just six days ago, Yiannopoulos wrote on Instagram: ‘I asked my publisher, Threshold Editions, for more time to submit the manuscript for DANGEROUS so I could include material about the craziness and rioting at UC Berkeley, UC Davis and UW Seattle.’

Milo Yiannopoulos claimed he was not defending pedophilia when he said some younger boys could benefit by coming involved in a consensual relationship with an older man. He has now been banned from speaking at the Conservative Political Action Committee conference

‘Dangerous’ was set to be released on March 14 but was pushed back to June 13.

When the book hit number one on Amazon’s best sellers last month, Yiannopoulos posted on Instagram: ‘I only know how to win.’

Earlier, Yiannopoulos has been uninvited from the the Conservative Political Action Committee conference because of his comments on gay relationships between boys and older men.

The conservative firebrand was told he will not be able to attend the event this weekend by Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union.

He released a statement on Monday saying his invite was ‘rescinded’ after the ‘offensive’ video surfaced.

‘We realize that Mr Yiannopoulos has responded on Facebook, but it is insufficient, he added.

‘It is up to him to answer the tough questions and we urge him to immediately further address these disturbing comments.’

The move comes just hours after Yiannopoulos strongly denied that he was defending pedophilia with his comments.

On Monday, he wrote on Facebook: ‘I’m partly to blame. My own experiences as a victim led me to believe I could say anything I wanted to on this subject, no matter how outrageous.

‘But I understand that my usual blend of British sarcasm, provocation and gallows humor might have come across as flippancy, a lack of care for other victims or, worse, “advocacy.” I deeply regret that. People deal with things from their past in different ways.’

The conservative-leaning Reagan Battalion released footage of the online discussion

The conservative firebrand was told he will not be able to attend the event this weekend by Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union. He released a statement on Monday saying his invite was ‘rescinded’ after the ‘offensive’ video surfaced

Beitbart’s Technology Editor was taking part in a debate between several American men, one of whom was wearing a superhero-style mask, when he defended ‘coming of age’ relationships.

A five-minute edited tape of the discussion was posted online forcing the controversial media star to clarify his comments.

Yiannopoulos was due to address the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington this weekend.

After the footage was released, conservatives called for him to be banned.

During the online discussion, Yiannopoulos said: ‘This is a controversial view, I accept. But we get caught up in this whole child abuse thing even to the extent we are policing consensual relationships between consenting adults, such as grad students and professors at universities.

‘The whole consent thing is not as black and white as people try and paint it.’

Yiannopoulos agreed that the age of consent was ‘roughly’ at the right age.

There’s more… Read the rest: